POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smoothing pigments in isosurface? : Re: Smoothing pigments in isosurface? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoothing pigments in isosurface?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Dec 2001 11:20:58
Message: <3C0F9B1C.77DE7A0B@gmx.de>
Hugo wrote:

> Is there a way to blob / smooth / blur a pigment when it's projected onto an
> isosurface?  The 2 blobbing techniques I know of, don't work.

I'm not really sure what you want to do, but i persume you are talking
about using pigment functions in isosurfaces.

You can try to blur a function by taking additional 'samples' and
averaging them.  Chris Huff and myself have worked on doing this in Povray
internally, but it is perfectly possible in SDL too.  Of course this can
be quite slow because of the additional evaluations of the pigment
function.

If that's not what your question was about please rephrase it.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>