POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV to GIF? : Re: POV to GIF? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV to GIF?
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 4 Dec 2001 05:51:57
Message: <3C0CA12E.2AF977A2@free.fr>
Mahalis wrote:

> Tanks!
> I know you'll think me a complete idiot (and maybe I am), but is there any
> way to get ImageMagick to do this automatically?
>
> > Looks like it doesn't. Instead it just wants the first and last 10 colors
> (20
> > total) to be the standard Windows/VGA base palette. As long as you don't
> target
> > 8-bit display users, you are free to use whatever you want for the other
> 236.

As far as I know, ImageMagick is a command line utility. (?)

If that is the case, you can write a "script" for it. A shell
script if you work with Unix, or a batch script if you work
with Windows (the .bat files or .cmd files you sometimes see).

This is not very complicated, but if you've never done that
before, you'll probably need some help or a book.

--
Adrien Beau   adr### [at] freefr   http://adrien.beau.free.fr/