POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 10best.raytrace.com status : Re: 10best.raytrace.com status Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 10best.raytrace.com status
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Dec 2001 16:22:45
Message: <3C0BED3F.FFE610A3@gmx.de>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> It is a tenative failure with 264 images uploaded into the 10best
> collection as of this morning.
>
> Chris says he may be able to use the images in the future if there is a
> need to fill space on an upcoming IRTC CD-ROM.
>
> Don't discourage your friends from continuing to use the upload pages,
> as there may be hope for enough material trickling in.

Does this mean that the submissions won't be published in any form right
now?  I suppose those who put work into getting pictures submitted would
appreciate if there's some kind of 'display' of the submissions.

What does not seem a good idea to me is simply leaving it open and doing
nothing else about it.  It's not very probable that enough submissions
stray in within a few month and as mentioned previously the submitted
material gets outdated.

On the other hand if you close it now and show the submitted pictures in
some form, this could raise interest and including the pictures on an
IRTC-CD could be a good idea.  Alternatively i could also think of opening
a 'second round' some time later.

Publishing the pictures now does not necessarily mean making all pictures
available on a website, making a 'picture of the day' site with one new
picture every day could be an interesting concept IMO.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>