POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Disc which is not flat : Re: Disc which is not flat Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disc which is not flat
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 3 Dec 2001 08:18:10
Message: <3C0B7B79.EEF09155@aol.com>
Ben Chambers wrote:

>Kind of like the English language :)

Interesting that you should mention this. I have been thinking that this
whole discussion mirrors a debate that has been raging for years in the
area of liguistics, between prescriptive and descriptive grammar.
Prescritive grammar is based on the insistance that a set of rules,
formulated over the course of time, must be followed, or the language
will degenerate. Descriptive grammar looks at the way the language is
being used and reformulates the rules to reflect current usage. I happen
to fall into the descriptive category.