POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Connect 2 points with a box : Connect 2 points with a box Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Connect 2 points with a box
From: Martin Thoma
Date: 29 Nov 2001 03:07:54
Message: <3C05EC9D.8C9DC97F@radiok2r.de>
Hello!

I have connected 2 points in space with a cylinder, which works fine:

  cylinder{<xv1, yv1, zv1>,
               <xv2, yv2, zv2>,
              0.5
            texture { B2 }
    }

What I now need is to replace the cylinder with a box. The box sould be
a kind of a thin plate, lets say width=2, depth=0.5, and it should be
rotated that it start-point is <xv1, yv1, zv1> and its end-point is
<xv2, yv2, zv2>. This points should be centered in width and depth.

Any idea, how I can calculate the 2 points of a box out of this
information?

Thanx in advance.

Martin