POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Blob bug/feature: The spiky knee (v. 3.02 to 3.5) : Blob bug/feature: The spiky knee (v. 3.02 to 3.5) Server Time
15 May 2024 21:55:21 EDT (-0400)
  Blob bug/feature: The spiky knee (v. 3.02 to 3.5)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 28 Nov 2001 11:14:36
Message: <3C050D18.90420798@aol.com>
I've been working with blobs for years to make characters.  Years ago I
came up with a workaround for the problem that occurs when you have two
cylinders intersect each other.  If the cylinders have been scaled
considerably, one ends up with two spikes sticking out of the "knee".

After thinking about Rune's complaint about the "twice translated blob
texture," I did some more playing around and began wondering if the
spiky knee feature is more bug than purely expected mathematical result.

Intuitively, the green and red features ought to be the same.  If they
were cylinders, they would be!
Comments?
[  This has existed since at least 3.02, uncle Ken!  8-D   ]

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blobshop03.jpg' (10 KB) Download 'blobshop03.pov.txt' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'blobshop03.jpg'
blobshop03.jpg