POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The biggest POV-users reunion ever ! : Re: The biggest POV-users reunion ever ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The biggest POV-users reunion ever !
From: David Buck
Date: 27 Nov 2001 22:21:00
Message: <3C04586F.C65E9E8A@simberon.com>
Ken wrote:

> Ron Parker wrote:
> >
> > On 26 Nov 2001 15:31:48 -0500, Warp wrote:
> > >   It would certainly be nice to meet the most famous people of the POV-world.
> > > In this light it's really a shame that the POV-world is pretty scattered
> > > among the real-world.
> >
> > Which people are the most famous people of the POV-world?  David Buck?
> > Chris Young?  Drew Wells?  Dan Farmer?
>
> Those people are not just famous they are also legendary.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler

Thank God I'm still a living legend :-)

Seriously, back at SIGGRAPH '92 in Chicago, I was able to meet a number
of people involved in POV-Ray at that time.  It was quite an
experience.  I met Aaron Collins there who was involved in DKBTrace for
versions 2.0 and up.  I've never actually met Drew Wells or Chris Young.

It would be cool to meet POV-Ray people, but as was mentioned, POV-Ray
people are around the world.  It would be extremely difficult to get
enough people to get together in one place to make it work.  As for
myself, I'm not very mobile these days.  I have family and contract
obligations that keep me in Ottawa.

David Buck
Simberon Inc.
www.simberon.com