POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV to GIF? : Re: POV to GIF? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV to GIF?
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 25 Nov 2001 22:13:50
Message: <3C01B367.D5DB3CE3@geocities.com>
Mahalis wrote:

> And how would I do that? Agent is *really* picky about colors- I think it'll
> only work with the Web palette.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msagent/deschar_3r8y.asp?frame=true

Looks like it doesn't. Instead it just wants the first and last 10 colors (20
total) to be the standard Windows/VGA base palette. As long as you don't target
8-bit display users, you are free to use whatever you want for the other 236.

But... if you are targeting 8-bit users, they do have a recommended palette to
go to (the office palette)

http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads/assistpalet.bmp

Anyway, that's basically what we used to need to deal with in Windows
multimedia, and making a set of images to a single 8-bit palette containing
those 20 colors in the top and bottom 10 was a common thing.

--
Jon A. Cruz
http://www.geocities.com/joncruz/action.html