POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My little addition to wishes list for POV 4 : Re: My little addition to wishes list for POV 4 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My little addition to wishes list for POV 4
From: Ken
Date: 20 Nov 2001 22:20:32
Message: <3BFB1DD2.E0B39E63@pacbell.net>
Warp wrote:

> : That's what inspired me - storage of images.
>
>   And why function { pigment { image_map { ... } } } doesn't do this?

I think what they are getting at is a way to simplify declaring an image
file for universal use in all situations where an image may be used.
There are differnt situations where you may wish to use the same image
in different situations in the same scene but the different situations
require different declarations of the image file.

Consider -

#declare Image = image { png "my_image.png" }

height_field { Image ... }

normal { bump_map { Image } }

pigment { image_map { Image } }

function { pigment { image_map { Image } } }

--
Ken Tyler