POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV to GIF? : Re: POV to GIF? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV to GIF?
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 18 Nov 2001 21:54:11
Message: <3BF873D4.BC8ECFE@geocities.com>
Mahalis wrote:

> Actually, I'm not intending to make an animated GIF out of the images.
> There's a fairly new bit of software called Microsoft Agent- perhaps you've
> seen it as the Office Assistant in MS Word- and they have also released a
> software that lets you build your own characters. Unfortunately, space
> requirements dictate that the program only accepts 256 color images. I'm
> downloading DTA right now; it may be what I'm looking for.

In general, things like that need all the images to share the same palette of
256. Check to is if that is so for what you need? If so, it's best to render
all the frames, calculate an optimal palette for the whole series, then convert
them to 8-bit.

--
Jon A. Cruz
http://www.geocities.com/joncruz/action.html