POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making labels that don't rotate while object does : Re: Making labels that don't rotate while object does Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making labels that don't rotate while object does
From: John VanSickle
Date: 9 Nov 2001 16:21:52
Message: <3BEC495F.E178E612@hotmail.com>
David Mathog wrote:

> I just noticed that this routine only works with the default "sky"
> value.  When other sky values are used the text is still flush, but is
> rotated around the center of the image.
> This dependence on the default sky is implicit in the line:
>
> #local CamR= vnormalize(vcross(y,CamD));
>
> The more general form is:
>
> #local CamR= vnormalize(vcross(skyvector,CamD));

Which is what I currently use in my code.  For my animations, my
main POV file sets up defaults for location, look_at, zoom, and the
sky vector.  An .INC file sets up the camera view (depending on which
shot is being rendered), and can change any of these four parameters.

Upon return from the .INC file, the main POV file then calculates
the right, up, direction, and location vectors for the camera.  These
vectors are then passed to the .INC files which do the subtitling,
the logo I put in the corner of my anims, and so forth.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459