POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tenative new deadline for 10best.raytrace.com : Re: Tenative new deadline for 10best.raytrace.com Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tenative new deadline for 10best.raytrace.com
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 2 Nov 2001 09:32:44
Message: <3BE2AE8C.63C764B6@gmx.de>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

>     You must have your images in already...

Yes. ;-)

>     I just spent all my available POV time going through and trying to bring
> about 8 files up to compliance with the newer versions of POV. I ended up
> producing -zero- images (Halos seem to be my major problem right now). I
> will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow to start anything rendering. At
> this rate, if nothing like going to the hospital happens and if I don't get
> distracted... I might have 6-10 images that I can post...

I was in a hurry too getting at least some of my submissions rerendered,
but anyway i mostly took renders i already had.  Most of my scenes are
that slow that it would occupy my computer for weeks to render them all.
NTL i only made 8 submissions until now (including something for the cover
image contest) so there is room left for further pictures.

BTW i think there's nothing wrong rendering a scene with Povray 3.0 if
it's made for it. I still have a version of it installed although i just
saw it's no more functional...

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>