POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Your 10 Best... - Deadline : Are you experienced? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Are you experienced?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 1 Nov 2001 08:34:51
Message: <3BE14F0B.CF7567F9@aol.com>
FOLKS!
Sorry for the confusion.
Just ignore this *one* question.  If it has anything to do with the final CD, it
will be handled by an email survey after everyone has uploaded.

History:
I thought that it would be really cool to allow people compare, say the average
person who has been crawling around the povray code vs. the average person who
has "won something" vs the newbie.  One of the visions I have for the CD is to
allow for multiple indexes, to suit whatever folks happen to be interested in
the moment: a country, a style, a theme, etc.    So I put the experience as a
question on the original draft of the questionaire.   THEN in discussion here a
number of folks objected to these categories; rather than defending the vision I
have, I caved, perhaps because I read it during a stressful day at work.  I
asked Steve, who has written the code, to make the change, but it was already
after several folks had uploaded, and I didn't follow through in all the other
web documentation about the project.  IMHO I shouldn't have caved, as I think
there would be greater interest in comparing pov-coder to honoree than "3rd rank
of experience" to "2nd rank of experience."

Greg