POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray keychain : Re: POV-Ray keychain Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray keychain
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 25 Oct 2001 08:17:48
Message: <3BD802AE.FE0223D3@aol.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:22:01 -0400, Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> > Chris Cason wrote:
> >>   1) Whether the idea as a whole sucks or not;
> > It does but some of us might purchase it anyway out of loyalty and pity...
>
> Elaborate, please.  Why does it suck?  What do you mean by pity?

By loyalty, I meant many of us would do anything to help povray financially.

By pity, I was restating the idea I thought it was a bit cheezy, but again we'd do
anything to support povray financially.

The property of "suckiness" I guess is a subjective one in the eye of the beholder,
but for me a keychain stirs up notions of
i) corporate giveaways to employees in years when raises sucked;
ii) NY City tourist traps.

I'd be more interested in a T-shirt designed by Rune or Mick or Anto  OR a bulk
T-shirt deal with some Australian shop where everyone who gives povray  US$35 gets
their own favorite design on a shirt.