POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blobman 5.0? : Re: Blobman 5.0? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobman 5.0?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 24 Oct 2001 17:26:22
Message: <3BD731C7.D93D5BEA@aol.com>
Rune wrote:

> May I ask how you have achieved to group together blob components that
> belong together in the same body part, so they can be transformed together?

The raw code for the model I keep publishing on p.b.a. is notoriously
inefficient. It has as many as half a dozen scale, translate and rotate
statements in the code.  I have to cut & paste all these statements if say I
want to add another muscle bulge for the thigh.

Ideally a rewrite would have transform{Thigh_Transform}, etc., for every
component that is "for the thigh".  This feature exists in the stick-figure
model I posted at p.b.s.-f., but I have not yet developed a competent blob
figure for it, especially NOT in the file in that collection!  (:-P   It may
originally be your idea, but take a look at the mime13.pov file there,
especially around line 465 to the end....