POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blobman 5.0? : Re: Blobman 5.0? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobman 5.0?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 23 Oct 2001 17:36:25
Message: <3BD5E2AD.E10E8940@aol.com>
Rune wrote:

> I'm a bit confused. The discussion here is about Peter Houston's BlobMan,
> but you seem to be referring to your own blob character?

Tony asked for general advice.  At various times I've thought of releasing
the character I've had walking stairs in p.b.a..  It could be of interest or
it might not be.  In response to our other discussion I put the old stick
figure on p.b.s.-f.

I like the idea of a "single-blob" character.  It opens the door to science
fiction ideas and has a very different feel than Peter's file, which IIRC is
a CSG of multiple individual blob components, or components at extremely high
threshold.   Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just has a
different look & feel....