POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is it real...? : Re: Is it real...? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it real...?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 13 Oct 2001 13:52:38
Message: <3BC87F70.9F8AEC49@ignorancia.org>

>     Just wondering how many people try to model reality, and how many try to
> model an appearance of reality.

  I always try to get the appearance of reality by any mean, don't
matter if it is a phisically correct one or not. But this does not means
I model with detail all objects in the scene. In fact, most of my scenes
can't be rendered bigger because I used tricks that only work with
limited resolutions. I only have detailed objects at distance when I
reuse an old model, wich was on the foreground on a previous scene.

>     Just curious, no intent to disparage either method or assume that people
> should use one exclusively of another. I just get the feeling that people
> who aren't as hung up on reality are the ones that send us such good scenes
> more often than others.

  Hmmm... not necesarily, but "usually" true. That's because an excess
of scruples can lead to never finish something. An old problem of art,
and many other human activities.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia