POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : somebody write a book !! : Re: somebody write a book !! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: somebody write a book !!
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 12 Oct 2001 16:29:33
Message: <3BC752AB.EB0A456A@mitre.org>
MR wrote:

> so i want somebody to write a big fat juicy pov-ray book
> with beautiful renderings complete with chapters on using
> third party software like 3DWin and Moray.

Already did that, had the author of Moray write the bits about Moray.
Had lparser tucked in there too.  I'm pretty sure I still have the two
boxes of floppies that held the text and images.

> ...  and chapters
> on media and isosurfaces written so clearly that my pet
> hamster can understand it.

That stuff hadn't been invented yet.  Besides which, I'm not sure my
blazing 33Mhz 486 would really have been up to it.

> so come on!  i know you experts don't have anything else to
> do in your spare time!  ;-)

If only my wife and kids thought that way.

> also, i would prefer the book to be given away for free, just
> like the software.  fine print in the back saying its not exactly
> free is acceptable.

How about shipping and handling charges?

Xander