POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tessellation : Re: Tessellation Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:43:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tessellation
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 11 Oct 2001 14:43:04
Message: <3BC5E837.961D789F@free.fr>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:40:24 +0200, Nicolas Calimet wrote:
> >> I think you're thinking of something besides Delaunay triangulation.  That's
> >> a purely 2d technique and has nothing to do with meshes.
> >
> But it's not triangulation in that case; it's a more generalized sort of
> related thing involving solids.

	Okay, I won't discuss about terminologies since my skills in maths
are fairly limited, not yours  ;o)  I was just recalling about those possi-
bilities of constructing meshes in a similar way the Delaunay triangulation
works (and yes I remember about the relation with Voronoi diagrams)

> [from your second answer]
> Here's a good place to start (and they call the 3d process tetrahedralization,
> which is a better word.)

	Fine for me. Now I feel a bit more mathematician  :o)

> http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/pubs/geom-tri.html

	Wow, I forgot that D. Eppstein works on so many things... I actually
did some recent (and current) work using graph theory and did not remind that
he was also publishing on this mesh problems. I'm sure this link it basically
the first one I found at that time... Thanks for pointing it out again !

	- NC