POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tessellation : Re: Tessellation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:06:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tessellation
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 11 Oct 2001 10:40:28
Message: <3BC5AF58.F7057D3E@free.fr>
> I think you're thinking of something besides Delaunay triangulation.  That's
> a purely 2d technique and has nothing to do with meshes.

	Mhhh, guess you're wrong, sorry.
	Delaunay triangulation is commonly used in 3D (and maybe more dim.)
to create meshes from different kind of data, e.g. a cloud of points. I had
got a lot of internet references when looking at a related problem (mesh
simplification) but unfortunately lost all while moving. Probably worth to
search again since there might have new stuffs appearing  :o)

	- NC