POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov 0.7: all determinants too small : Re: megapov 0.7: all determinants too small Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:44:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov 0.7: all determinants too small
From: Lothar Esser
Date: 10 Oct 2001 14:38:06
Message: <3BC4957E.36DB9054@helix.nih.gov>
Hi,

   within the next five minutes I sent this mail off I checked the code and
found
the message in triangle.c. My guess was as you now confirmed that this is due to

an error in the triangle texture interpolation. However I could not create
manually
a situation that created this error. I have run an example with a triangle, that
worked
fine, then I made two vertices the same, still every thing okay ( no error
message ) but
of course no object was drawn, not even a line and finally I made all points the
same
:again no complaints. So I don't know what the problem actually is. But it seems
it
is save to ignore for the moment.

About my second question I found out that I suffered a tremendous performance
hit
when I use +MV3.0 switch ! Megapov is just 5-10 times slower ( rendering ). Does
any
one know why ? BTW povray 3.1 does not get slower at all - so it would seem.
( Not that is really important but puzzling if you are trying to use older style
code )
Thanks,
   Lothar

--