POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov 0.7: all determinants too small : megapov 0.7: all determinants too small Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:46:51 EDT (-0400)
  megapov 0.7: all determinants too small
From: Lothar Esser
Date: 9 Oct 2001 23:03:23
Message: <3BC3BA6B.868E44DA@helix.nih.gov>
Hi,
   I have a question about an error message I get from megapov 0.7.
Rendering a very large mesh2 megapov apparently runs fine but once in a
while gives an error message:

all determinants too small

What does it mean and do I need to worry ?

I recently compiled megapov on Irix 6.5  and am running it on an Octane.

In addition to that it seems very slow. I don't know whether this is a
related error or whether mesh2 can get slow.
I have about 40000 triangles and for each vertex I define a texture (
but there not 120000 textures - just about 5 )

Thanks for any hints.

   Lothar

--
Dr. Lothar Esser