POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Standby mode and paused rendering. : Standby mode and paused rendering. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Standby mode and paused rendering.
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 4 Oct 2001 17:28:17
Message: <3BBCD43E.4D872668@aol.com>
I have used MegaPov 0.7 and 3.1g for years on PCs with Win98.  I have
set up very long renders, sometimes ones running for days, and never saw
an interruption.  The PC would go into a "screen lock" mode or whatever
(hey I'm no programmer!), but my perception is that this only affected
the monitor; it would never actually *interrupt* the rendering.

Now, using 3.5 on WinME,  I set up  a long render using radioisity.
When the PC went into that "screen lock" mode, the rendering actually
stopped, to resume when I reawakened the PC.  The rendering only
proceeded for the hour or so after I would actually use the PC for other
things.

Can anyone HELP ME with the information on whether:

    1) I need to change the settings in WinME for the
sleep/standby/autolockup, etc.,  and tell me where to find such
settings.

    OR

    2) This is something aboug 3.5 that is either
        a) buggy
        OR
        b) switch-off-able ?

Help from informed persons is appreciated.