POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lights : Re: Lights Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lights
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 4 Oct 2001 13:59:25
Message: <3BBCA39D.8258ADE2@unforgettable.com>
"Timothy R. Cook" wrote:

> Something which troubles me is that when I put a light source near
> a surface (such as a ceiling), the rest of the room is illuminated
> but the surface proximal to the light remains unlit, even when I
> turn on radiosity.

This is more or less realistic. If you have a room with a ceiling light,
try it; the ceiling should be noticibly darker than the walls near the
corners. To get "proper" illumination on the ceiling, use a recursion
limit of 2 or 3 in your radiosity (more than that gives very little benefit).

If you're still not happy with the results, consider playing with your
textures a bit, or using Photoshop (or something similar) to tweak the histo.

-Xplo