POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : paralle rendering : Re: paralle rendering Server Time
5 Jul 2024 04:53:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: paralle rendering
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Oct 2001 08:14:14
Message: <3BBC5363.A7C645EA@gmx.de>
Thomas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So far no one, including me, has ever succeded in aplying the pvm patch to
> the windows version. If you have knowledge of compilers etc you might want
> to give it a try. Get the cygwin stuff, the unix POV code and apply the pvm
> patch.....

I don't see much problems there (although i have not tried), but last time
i tried to set up PVM i had serious problems getting connections to/from
other (unix) machines.  Now that rshd & co are available for cygwin i
could have a try again some time.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>