POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WANTED: Your 10 Best Images : Re: WANTED: Your 10 Best Images Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WANTED: Your 10 Best Images
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 4 Oct 2001 04:44:07
Message: <3BBC215D.10ACC46F@ignorancia.org>

> 3)  As for experience: so pick the "higher" category.

  Higher? Higher what? Experience coding C, or experience making scenes?
These categories do not describe the same kind of talents. "Novice",
"Dabble" and "Honoree", seem to have to do with using the SDL to make
artistic images. But Coder has nothing to do with that. All we know
coders that are also artists, but others that never made a non-test
scene. Sorry, Greg, but I think it would worked better something
similiar to the categories created by Ethel McKey for the "Who Are We"
site:

  Beginner:     Just started using this software.
  Novice  :     Knows how it works, but still have much to learn.
  Intermediate: Pretty good knowledge, but I don't always get what I
want.
  Advanced:     Complete knowledge of the package, not easily stomped.
  Expert:       Can do things the software was not even intended for.

  Not the best possible, but much more easy to understand.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/