POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render time estimation? : Re: Render time estimation? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render time estimation?
From: Josh Seagoe
Date: 3 Oct 2001 02:47:11
Message: <3BBAB4F7.2080805@smileyface.com>
You could probably get a *rough* estimate by using the ratio of two
similar machines' scores from the povbench database:
http://www.haveland.com/index.htm?povbench/index.htm

ie, time on computer A * rating of computer B / rating of computer A

You might be able to estimate different resolutions similarly.

Mostly though, no.  There's just too many variables: differences in
processor architecture & memory bandwidth, different settings for
radiosity, different jitter _values_ for antialiasing, different system
load (even from the OS)

-josh