POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Realtime rendering : Re: Realtime rendering Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realtime rendering
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Oct 2001 05:55:12
Message: <3BB83E38.58E79BA3@gmx.de>
Nekar Xenos wrote:

> Working on a model that takes a long time to render even with simple texture and
> +q1 made me wonder if it would be possible to have something like an OpenGL test
> render setting in Pov-Ray 4. It shouldn't render to a file - only to the screen.
> What are the possibilities?

This has been suggested before, but i think it would only work with a
tesselation function which would take quite a lot of time to do it's work,
probably much longer than a low quality render directly in POV would take
in most cases.

Of course if you limit the test render to basic shapes and meshes (no csg,
blobs, isosurfaces...) it could work.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>