POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 Boning suggestion : Re: Mesh2 Boning suggestion Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 Boning suggestion
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 30 Sep 2001 12:04:05
Message: <3BB742AD.952478F3@gmx.de>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> I proposed something like this in my wish-list for 4.0, but I'm afraid that
> it will remain a wish with the attitude most POVers have about keeping
> modeller and renderer separate, something which I don't really mind
> combining.

Apart from personal preferences this has clear practical reasons.

> The only way to really get a receptive audience for a patch is to
> just sit down and program it yourself. If they like it, they will come.

Oh, come on.  This is not a 'ask for a feature and someone will program it
within a day'-club.  A few critical opinions and suggestions for
alternatives and someone starts thinking you are ignorant and not
constructive... ;-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>