POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POVGUI 1.5 : Re: POVGUI 1.5 Server Time
15 May 2024 22:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVGUI 1.5
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 26 Sep 2001 08:35:57
Message: <3BB1CBC5.1B6A838@aol.com>
Nekar Xenos wrote:

> Ok great, it works. For blobs though I think maybe using Runes blob macro might
> be better - then you just show 1 sphere. What I'd like to see, though is the
> ability to take any predefined object and use it...

First of all, glad you got it working. The blob implementation may not be perfect,
but I wasnted to show the relationship between the defined radius and the visible
portion of the component. It was not within my powers to show the surface of the
blob itself, so I settled for the dual-sphere solution to at least show where
blobbing would occur. In other words, if the yellow spheres touch, you will get some
effect, and if they don't, you won't. As for your second question, I am not sure
what you mean. It is already possible to use any of the wireframes (which are only
constructions using torus, cylinder and sphere_sweep after all) in an object
statement. As far as I know, the only POV primitives not covered are julia fractals
and isosurfaces, along with 2D objects such as triangle and polygon, which I am
planning to add. If I read your request correctly, you are looking for a single
macro that will read any POV object and, using trace, convert it to a wireframe. It
is an interesting idea, but I am not sure if it is within my feeble powers.