POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem with TTF object, danish characters : Re: Problem with TTF object, danish characters Server Time
16 May 2024 22:05:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with TTF object, danish characters
From: Nils Olav Kilen
Date: 24 Sep 2001 16:57:05
Message: <3BAF9E54.A52F66DD@post8.tele.dk>
> > When using UDF8 character mapping (with unicode formatting of the
> > .pov-file, using notepad), the parser cannot parse the document
> > successfully, rendering only garbage.
>
> Are you sure the text output is really UTF8?  Does it work if you use the
> raw character code with "\uXXXX" (where XXXX is the hexadecimal character
> code) instead of encoding the characters in UTF8 directly?

> Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
> e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

At last - a useable hint! I tried the raw character code with "\uXXXX" and a
little help from Character Map, and it worked! I must admit that I still have
very limited knowledge of UTF8 coding, but I have noticed the 'unicode'
markings in Character Map. I could never have guessed the \u-part by myself.

Thank you very much for this information. You have been very helpful.

Best Regards

Nils Olav Kilen, nok### [at] post8teledk.