POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POV 4 philosophy : Re: POV 4 philosophy Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:48:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4 philosophy
From: Alessandro Coppo
Date: 21 Sep 2001 03:19:45
Message: <3BAAEB5B.6050004@iol.it>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Also very hard to make cross-platform.  But we're getting there.

How many plaforms are you going to support? Anything Windows related has
.dll's, anything UNIX related has .so's and I think that anything Mac
related has similar mechanisms. By the way, VMS had shared libraries in
the late 1980's... The ONLY platform I know for sure that has nothing
like these tools is MS-DOS!

Bye

Alessandro Coppo