POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question. : Re: A question. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question.
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 18 Sep 2001 22:48:13
Message: <3BA8078C.EA785F91@aol.com>
Timothy Cook wrote:

>>Speaking of AM (just to be off-topic 'cuz I'm too lazy to look in the appropriate
>>newsgroup...) is there any really simple tutorial around on how to use it that
>>doesn't involve reading the entire manual?

At the risk of incurring someone's wrath, I'll respond with an off-topic answer...
The patch modeler in AM is pretty straightforward; if you know sPatch, you can pretty
much figure it out. There are a few features, such as hooks and five-point patches
that you really just have to look up. The tutorials that come with AM are pretty good
and will fill you in on the rest, such as materials, choreography, and bones. And
with Mike's POV exporter, you don't have to put up with the so-so renderer...