POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question. : Re: A question. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question.
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 18 Sep 2001 19:51:19
Message: <3BA7DE01.D722C39A@unforgettable.com>
Jamie Davison wrote:

> it's just that as I think back to how I got into it in the first place I
> realise that if I came across POV today I'd be unlikely to give it a
> second look as it's starting to look like a programming language.

Well.. there's really no other good way to do what macros and loops do,
except by using some kind of scripting, or else using some kind of
program to pregenerate whatever-it-is that you're trying to make. So it
can't be helped. ^_^;

Have you given loop and/or macro scripting a try? It's not all that
daunting once you get the hang of it.

For what it's worth, I think that a lot of users had second thoughts
when they see that there's no integrated modeller and everything is done
with code, but stuck with it anyway.

-Xplo