POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Most common way to make POV files? : Re: Most common way to make POV files? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most common way to make POV files?
From: Timothy Cook
Date: 18 Sep 2001 17:14:39
Message: <3BA7B912.D1BD9BD8@scifi-fantasy.com>
Matt Savard wrote:
> I am wondering what is the most common way all of you build your POV files?
> Do you code it by hand? Create the models in a seperate program and export
> to POV format?

Myself, I use Moray, most often inputting coords by hand into the translate
fields, but am working on a 3d model of a TV-show set and have an image of
the floorplan overlaid on the top-down view and eyeball the walls into their
approximate positions, will later touch up their coords by hand, but even
then will need to SEE where things are...

Since most often I just open the modeller and start building as ideas come
to mind, instead of planning something beforehand, I need a visual repre-
sentation.

But Lutz + Kretzschmar need to come out with a new version of Moray that'll
support this kickass photon mapping thing...I don't care if POV3.5 IS still
beta! :b

- T. Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com