POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Warfare topic : Re: Warfare topic Server Time
26 Jun 2024 01:48:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warfare topic
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 14 Sep 2001 13:12:04
Message: <3BA23B00.3F81F5A0@inapg.inra.fr>
Tom Melly wrote:

> I don't think anyone has said that they feel offended - the point is not wanting
> to cause distress for anyone else - shocking I know. Personally, I don't feel
> strongly about this - but I am keen that those perhaps more directly affected
> might not be happy with the topic. That said, no-one has come forward to say
> that they feel the theme MUST be changed, so we can probably let this one lie.

In fact I got very mixed feelings about this. On one hand, my first reaction about
the topic in relation with the current events was "drop it". Not only I find it hard
to make something significant in this context, but there's the not-too-remote
possibility of people doing extremely tacky stuff, or extremely vindicative, or
works that could be a cause of distress. As far as I'm concerned, I'll postpone my
possible "warfare" piece as I'm just not in the mood to do it now and it would be
irrelevant.
On the other hand, as people who live in countries (like UK, Spain, France and
countless others) which have been regularly, or are still, under such attacks
already know, it's important to act as usual and to avoid changing our ways whenever
possible.

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com