POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Bug with continue and/or radiosity : Re: Bug with continue and/or radiosity Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:29:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug with continue and/or radiosity
From: Ken
Date: 12 Sep 2001 23:14:23
Message: <3BA02588.6F66A9D5@pacbell.net>
Patrick Dugan wrote:

> Appears to be radiosity.  Continue works as intended.
> Without the radioisty the image can be continued without alteration, with
> radiosity it changes each time.

This is known limitation with radiosity and has been the same way since
radiosity was first introduced. Mega-Pov had an option to save the
radiosity data from the first pass into a file which could be re-used
during a continued render to solve the problem. I don't recall if this
made it into v3.5 as an option or not. You might try checking the docs
in the radiosity section.

--
Ken Tyler