POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SSSCA: Povray and watermarks. : POV and watermarks (was: Re: SSSCA: Povray and watermarks) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  POV and watermarks (was: Re: SSSCA: Povray and watermarks)
From: Timothy Cook
Date: 10 Sep 2001 00:54:26
Message: <3B9C4751.5EB9B703@scifi-fantasy.com>
Ron Parker wrote:
> By the way, followups to off-topic, please.  This whole thread should have
> been there, as it's only tangentially related to POV.

Actually, when I first saw this thread subject, I thought they were talking
about modelling actual watermarks with POV...

*cough*

While not exactly something one encounters every day, it would be kinda
neat to do one.  Make a semitransparent piece of a texture map?

Oh yeah, that's something else...shouldn't an object (other than a plane
which doesn't exist in realspace) with any given material become transparent
as its thickness decreases to micrometres?

*wanders off aimlessly*

- T. Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com