POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : post-3.5 patching? : Re: post-3.5 patching? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: post-3.5 patching?
From: Ken
Date: 8 Sep 2001 21:01:50
Message: <3B9AC067.4447A1A5@pacbell.net>
Xplo Eristotle wrote:

> *shrug* Patching seems to have hit a lull. There haven't been any
> additions to the Megapatch for a while now, even though I know there are
> things out there that are (at the least) WIPs...
>
> I was kind of hoping that the people who are actually working on the
> patches would be able to offer some input more specific than "I expect
> so". (Although maybe they aren't for fear of being nagged to finish
> them. ;)

Nathan Kopp has made it pretty clear in the last several months that
he will do nothing more with Mega-Pov until POV-Ray v3.5 is released.
Once released then Mega-Pov will be based on the source for v3.5.
Most of the patch writers are aware of this and are also waiting for
v3.5 to be released before continuing.

--
Ken Tyler