POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Subsurface Scattering : Re: POV 4.0 Wish List Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 4.0 Wish List
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 5 Sep 2001 11:00:55
Message: <3B963E4E.119B74D0@aol.com>
Ken wrote:

> The beauty of the standard macro collection is that you simply include the
> file and the functions act just like built in keywords. They are basically
> transparent to the user and offer the added benifit that if the function
> does not work as you want it to you modify it until it does. That is
> something you cannot do with built in features :)

Okay, you've convinced me. Now that the Beta is out, I can see for myself. I had
overlooked the benefits of tweaking the existing macros, although I do it all the
time, heh heh. I guess where I was going is that, for something as simple as
rotate_to, you would save a whole keystroke typing "rotate_to <1,2,3>" over
RotateTo(<1,2,3>)... I'll go back to my dark corner and be quiet now.