POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PIII/Athlon and P4 optimized Binaries : Re: PIII/Athlon and P4 optimized Binaries Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIII/Athlon and P4 optimized Binaries
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 4 Sep 2001 04:02:39
Message: <3B948B0F.BD130106@ibras.dk>
> it's 3.1g.msvc.win32 [Pentium II optimized]
> which one do you recommend?

Get the new Pentium III optimized compile from
http://students.washington.edu/sschmitt/pov/ (the announcement of which,
started this thread).

> there's the 1.4 with somewhat 4:31 - i get 6:55

Thats sounds about right for the difference between the standard compile
and the PIII optimized.

> Is there a difference between Athlon and Athlon TBird? I thought
> they were the same - if not, that may explain something.

I really don't know. I call my Athlon a TBird because everybody else
seems to do it :-)

Anyway, get Steve Schmitt's compile asap - you'll be amazed at the
difference it does - and start praying with the rest of us, that Steve
will also do his magic to ver 3.5, as soon as the source is available.
:)

/Ib