POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vexing Vector Problem : Vexing Vector Problem Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Vexing Vector Problem
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 30 Aug 2001 12:34:19
Message: <3B8E6B33.D47BC901@aol.com>
There is probably somehting simple that I am missing (besides a brain)
but I am at a loss. I am trying to be able to define a line between two
vectors, as with a cylinder or cone definition (lets say <1,2,3> to
<3,4,5>). Now, I want to use that line as an axis, as if it were, say Y,
(<0,-2,0>,<0,2,0> for example), and offset a parallel line from this set
of vectors. (As in <2,-2,0>,<2,2,0>) and create a while loop that
generates a ring of lines around the original axis. The application I
have in mind will not allow creating the figure at the Origin and
rotating into place. Any help would be appreciated.