POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : photons again... : photons again... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:55:00 EDT (-0400)
  photons again...
From: gemelli david
Date: 29 Aug 2001 09:52:38
Message: <3B8CF39C.2080807@xlstudio.com>
Hi.

I've just started to play with photons and:
- I didn't manage to make my area lights produce photons without
specifying the "area_light" keyword in the photon definition of the light.
- When using photons with an area light, I need a huge amount of photons
(3.000.000) to get something smooth...
- I wanted to make a mirror: a refracting glass and a reflective surface
just behind...It doesn't work...I tried to add the ignore_photon and/or
pass_through (not sure of the keyword, don't have my scene here) and
there was no result...

Can someone explain those 3 points to me ?

thanks.

                David Gemelli