POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POVGUI 1.3 Available : Re: POVGUI 1.3 Available Server Time
17 Jun 2024 07:42:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVGUI 1.3 Available
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 28 Aug 2001 09:52:41
Message: <3B8BA254.E0E2F811@aol.com>
Nekar Xenos wrote:
>I haven't had the guts to try cubic splines before, but with this utility, I
might just get >somewhere with it =)

I'm only sorry I had to stop at 8 points; coding the lathe and prism objects is a
tedious process that I hope to try and automate for the next version so I can give
you more points to play with. The docs don't make it clear, but you don't have to
worry about the mysterious start and end control points for cubic spline - the are
calculated automatically! I would suggest making a linear spline object and
changing the type from "1" to "2." A smooth representation of your prism or lathe
will appear.