POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Origins - the original creation message : Re: POV-Ray Origins - the original creation message Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Origins - the original creation message
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 28 Aug 2001 09:49:50
Message: <3B8BA188.D636960C@sycomore.fr>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 02:06:34 -0500, Bob H. wrote:
> >"extract" an e-mail from your Amiga?  You make it sound painful.  Thanks
> >from me.
>
> It probably was painful.  It's not as though most Amigas have ethernet
> interfaces, and the standard disk format is unreadable on a DOS machine,
> so it would require a little effort.

IIRC, Amiga could read and write DOS floppies (720 KB).
Perhaps not shipped by default, though.

I think the painful part was to reach the Amiga under the
pile of debris in the back of the garage, then search which
of the 5462 floppies contained that damn file.

I think most former Amiga and Atari users have hundreds of
floppies in their garage.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs