POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POVGUI 1.3 Available : Re: POVGUI 1.3 Available Server Time
17 Jun 2024 06:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVGUI 1.3 Available
From: Dave Dunn
Date: 27 Aug 2001 06:19:07
Message: <3B8A1EC7.91FEC37E@aol.com>
Nekar Xenos wrote:

> Sound impressive :)  Will check it out.
> I'm making a car with blobs at the moment. Will POVGUI have support for blobs
> sometime?

Blobs are the next thing on my list. I will probably not be able to show the
equipotential surfaces, unless I have a sudden brainstorm. My strategy right now
is to show the actual radius, which is the field, and the visible radius, which
is the field minus the threshold., as nested spheres. Haven't worked out how to
do the cylinder components yet, but just started working on it. I also have a fix
for the height fields that takes 200 lines fewer code and renders twice as fast.
So I am still working on it. I will probably wait until I finish blobs, the text
proxy, and maybe superqs (if this is possible) to release a new version, If
anyone wants the HF fix, let me know.

Thanks, Dave