POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : glows in MP 0.7 : Re: glows in MP 0.7 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:08:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glows in MP 0.7
From: Tom Stone
Date: 26 Aug 2001 22:15:53
Message: <3B89AEA4.88CB430A@telia.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> You can't define a glow inside an object, like a union.
> My guess is that you are trying to put a glow in a union, which won't
> work.

Hello Chris.
Sorry for disturbing you with this. I found the documentation for the glow effect
a bit confusing, so I didn't know glows couldn't be added in unions. This
information might explain why I'm having trouble with a scene that I'm doing.

I've posted a test render of the scene in P.B.I

I've used glows in two places, but the funny thing is that one of them works, and
the other don't, even though both are within unions.
The first one is at the opening of a follow-spotlight (a model), because I want
the glow to stay in place when I rotate the model. This glow works.

The other is to simulate a light on a table, which I've also put inside an union
because I wanted to do many copies of the table. This doesn't work.

Is there another way to add glow that accomplish the same as putting it in an
union?

Tom Stone