POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : general geometry question : Re: general geometry question Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: general geometry question
From: Mark M  Wilson
Date: 21 Aug 2001 16:43:20
Message: <3B82C9C3.D71E4CF@ncsl.dcr.state.nc.us>
My only problem with that is that with only two points used, I can think
of at least THREE possible circles (i.e., with centers at different
vectors); two points could lie somewhere along either one of two of the
component semicircles, or the two points could be at either end of a
diameter of a circle with a different diameter.  Am I clear?
What I'm thinking is that given THREE coplanar points, only ONE possible
(coplanar) circle could encompass all three points.   Maybe I'm wrong
about there being only one such circle?

--Mark