POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isn't it time for a new pov benchmark? : Re: Isn't it time for a new pov benchmark? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isn't it time for a new pov benchmark?
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 20 Aug 2001 10:05:29
Message: <3B81192F.E55C2036@sycomore.fr>
Warp wrote:

>   2. These scene files should take a reasonable amount of time in current
> computers. This amount should be chosen so that it will not be in the order
> of a couple of seconds in a few years. For example they could take about 10
> minutes each in an 1.2GHz Athlon.

Not enough, as others noted. I remember seeing entries like
several minutes for early Pentiums (that's the last time I
checked the bench pages) and several hours for 386.

I think nowadays it would be half an hour or more for around
1 GHz processors.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs