POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cammera Question : Cammera Question Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:12 EDT (-0400)
  Cammera Question
From: Arthur Flint
Date: 14 Aug 2001 16:12:14
Message: <3B798693.4C797F86@chesapeake.net>
Can the camera be included in a union{}? If not, why, or why not?
I know that the current implementation does not allow this. That isn't
what I wanted to know. I am thinking of the difficulty of having
the camera follow the exact path that an object follows. i.e. The tip of
a finger on an IK figure. You don't necessarily compute the placement of
the tip of the finger. But if the camera could be included as part
of a union{}, those calculations would not have to be done by the scene
designer.
 As an example for discussion, lets try
#declare Hand =
union	{
	object	{ Palm texture	{...} scale ... rotate... translate... }
	object	{ Thumb texture	{...} scale ... rotate... translate... }
	union	{
		object	{FirstFinger}
		camera {...translate < somewhere just outside of the finger>}
		texture	{...}
		scale ... rotate... translate...
		}
	object	{ SecoundFinger texture	{...}scale ... rotate... translate... }
	object	{ ThirdFinger texture	{...}scale ... rotate... translate... }
	object	{ ForthFinger texture	{...}scale ... rotate... translate... }
	texture	{...}
	scale ... rotate...
	}
// note: all named objects have been declared in another file.

So: anywhere that union of FirstFinger and camera gets placed, the
camera "sees"
Any texture that is applied to the finger or hand need not apply.
The scale and translate modifiers would only affect the position of the
camera.